Advocate for Districts
• We Will Represent Your District’s Interests at the State Level
Proposal A shifted the source of educational policy to Lansing. The legislature sets the policies that MDE interprets and monitors. We need to reframe Early College in ways that make sense for students. Additionally, we need a separate status for schools of innovation that allows districts the freedom to experiment to build programs based upon the needs of 21st Century learners. EdTech Specialists will represent interested districts in an initiative working with the Governor’s office, MDE, and key legislators to achieve these goals.
• Advocate for Districts at the Michigan Department of Education
EdTech Specialists has developed many good working relationships with change agents across Michigan that allow for targeted, meaningful conversations with MDE, legislators, the Governor’s Office and others. Advocating for districts is always a part of those conversations and can be targeted to your district vision.
• Advocate with Legislature, Governor’s Office, and MDE for rules favorable to innovative districts
• Digital Solutions for Educator Evaluations
Evaluations are supposed to measure performance and support professional growth; however, they are also time-intensive and sometimes the evaluation process itself can get in the way of reaching its intended outcomes. By adopting digital solutions, which reduce bureaucracy and decrease uncertainty, both educators and evaluators will be able to work smarter, not harder at evaluation.
• Review of Existing Educator Evaluation Process and Workflow
We offer a Process Audit of existing evaluation systems, which can help determine how effectively a school or district’s educator evaluation process is achieving its intended goals. This audit will:
- identify areas of strength and weakness in current evaluation process
- review the way performance is documented, feedback is provided, and communication takes place between evaluator and educator
- recommend practices to enhance the evaluation experience for both evaluator and educator
• Elicit Stakeholder Input on Evaluation Processes and Workflows
We can conduct surveys or focus groups to acquire perception data about existing and potential evaluation solutions. Feedback is then used to inform the development of evaluation solutions and guide implementation.
• Create Digital Workflows to Improve Educator Evaluation
We specialize in creating digital workflows, using low-cost or free digital tools, for educator evaluation to help districts by reducing paperwork, removing redundancies, and improving communication between evaluator and educator. Throughout the development of digital workflows, we coordinate with stakeholders, and counsel as needed, to ensure that the solutions meet the letter of the law and serve the needs of end users. This give districts an evaluation process that better measures performance and supports professional growth—allowing everyone to focus on what matters.
• Provide Training on Digital Solutions for Evaluations
We specialize in training opportunities and professional development for administrators and educators to help them understand and use the digital solutions we help them to create for educator evaluation.