Sandra Dop, Director of the Iowa CBE Collaborative, joined us for the EdTech Specialists’ Webinar Series on Competency Based Education and Blended Learning. In this webinar, Sandra shares The Iowa Story with us.
Download the Podcast: Sandra Dop
• Delivering on the Promise
• Blended: Using Disruptive Innovation to Improve Schools
• Community-Based Learning: Awakening the Mission of Public Schools
• Five Levers to Improve Learning: How to Prioritize for Powerful Results in Your School
• The Leaders Guide to 21st Century Education
• Off the Clock: Moving Education from Time to Competency
• Educator Competencies for Personalized, Learner-Centered Teaching
• Quality Performance Assessment: A Guide of Schools and Districts
Dr. Sandra Dop currently works at the Iowa Department of Education where she is the Director of the Iowa CBE Collaborative, a consortium of teams from 10 districts, eight institutions of higher education and eight of Iowa’s nine regional agencies who are investigating, piloting, and implementing elements of competency-based education. Under Dop’s direction the Collaborative will develop a Framework for Transformation to a CBE System and Iowa demonstration sites to guide other districts and institutions of higher education as they work toward transformation of their educational practices and environments. Dr. Dop’s experience as an educator spans four decades and includes teaching at elementary, middle and high school, and post-secondary levels as well as K-12 principal, curriculum director, and superintendent in several states and for Department of Defense Dependent Schools.